During its 10 years of activity, the Interest Group has made an active contribution towards the inclusion of informal carers and their issues in EU policy development. Examples include the increased attention for informal carers in the current discussions on work-life balance, on the development of integrated community-based long term care services (recognising the role and contribution of carers) and the need to take better account of carers in the future of social protection systems.
However, the work of the Group is by no means completed. There are many EU policy domains which - directly or indirectly - impact on carers and which take no or insufficient account of carers yet.
The aims of the meeting therefore are:
• to celebrate the first ten years of activity of the Interest Group;
• to thank all those that have supported the work of the Group, including regular participants;
• to reflect on what has been achieved (look back) and what still needs to be achieved (look ahead);
• to discuss practical plans to strengthen the work of the Group and its policy focus;
• to increase awareness of the activities and existence of the Interest Group in the European
Parliament and increase its support base.
The drat agenda is available here.
Yopu can register here.