The 19th International Conference on Integrated Care will take place in San Sebastian, the Basque Region, from 1-3 April 2019. With the overarching theme ‘Evaluating and implement models of integrated people-centred services’, the conference is a partnership of OSAKIDETZA – Basque Health Service, Bioef, Ministry for Health of the Basque Government the City Council of Donostia-San Sebastian and the Provincial Council of Gipuzkoa. The conference will bring together researchers, clinicians and managers from around the world who are engaged in the design and delivery of integrated health and social care.
ICIC19 conference themes include:
- Integrated health and social care for people at home
- Engaging and empowering people and communities to become equal partners in care
- Creating shared cultures, norms and values across organisations, professionals and people
- Building a stronger integrated primary care
- Models of care for people
- Defining measures and outcomes that matter to people
- Impact of Digital Health
The Scientific Committee is now welcoming abstracts of good practice, projects, development of policy and research and theory in the areas of the conference themes. The international committee is made up of recognized experts in the field of integrated care from around the world and they support the development of the programme that reflects of the challenges and opportunities experienced by people and organisations that are working towards more coordinated and people-centred services.
Accepted abstracts will appear in the programme as a formal workshop (60 or 90 mins), oral presentation (20 mins), oral poster (inc 5 minutes PowerPoint presentation) or display only poster (no presentation time), as deemed appropriate by the scientific committee.
Note: Special consideration is given to papers that can demonstrate active people involvement in either or all of design, implementation and evaluation!
All accepted abstracts will be published in the International Journal for Integrated Care.
Conference registration is opening soon!
Key Steps for Submission
- Visit the conference website to view the full themes and scope of the conference
- Download abstract assessment guidelines
- Read all guidelines carefully, noting structure summary for different paper types (Research, Policy, Practice, Workshop)
- Consider conference themes and conference tracks
- Create account at www.conftool.net/ICIC19/
- Choose language - abstracts will be accepted in English or Spanish (although instructions appear in English only)
- Register details
- Choose most appropriate conference track (this will support the Scientific Committee with programme development)
- Choose submission format (Oral Paper, Poster or Workshop - only fully fledged workshops will be accepted for review)
- Enter author details (NB - put main presenter details to the top of the list, not main author if different)
- Enter title of abstract (NB - please be mindful of syntax and spellings, this is how the submission will appear on the programme, do not write in full caps!)
- Copy and paste abstract in the correct structure summary (max 500 words)
- Select appropriate topic (Research, Policy or Practice)
- Press submit (abstracts can be edited up until deadline 31 August)
- Results of the reviewing process will be available 4-5 weeks from the deadline and sent to the individual who registered as the submitter of the paper
- All successful papers must have the presenter register to attend the conference before being accepted to the programme
- Presenter briefings will be available on the conference website
- Inquiries around presenter formats should be sent to ICIC19@integratedcarefoundation.org
- Confirm presenter details and submit photo and biography by briefing deadlines