Discover all the resources developed under the framework of the Hi-Ability Erasmus+ project!
Hi-Ability adopts an original methodological approach, where the therapeutic-rehabilitation programme focuses on the socio-educational value of the natural environment. The general objective of the project is to promote the empowerment and the social inclusion of people with cognitive disabilities, by enhancing their abilities in the field of outdoor touring and hiking.
With the final aim of helping organizations working with adults – and especially with adults with DI – to promote social inclusion, the project produces 4 main results (all available in EN, IT, HR, GR on the project website):
- Toolkit Hi-Ability for educators: it provides educators working with PWIDs the necessary tools and resources to work with target groups and train them to improve their knowledge and skills in outdoor education.
- Hi-Ability App: easy to read App dedicated to
PWIDs and their families/caregivers. The APP provides information on 12 accessible hiking routes across Italy, Greece and Croatia.
- Hi-Ability Green Guide: a collection of accessible hiking routes identified by the PWIDs involved with the support of their educators.
The Guide comes in two versions:
- an easy to read guide based on Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) available here.
- an integral version only in English available here.
- Policy recommendations and guidelines for transferability: the document is the main tool
for the establishment of a European model for social inclusion. It also provides guidelines for the transfer
of results and for the replicability of the Hi-Ability model in other countries.
Enjoy the Hi-Ability resources!