InformCare – The EU Information Hub on Informal Care
This section of the website aims to offer carers, in addition to care professionals and employers of selected countries, in their own national language, information and advice about caregiving activities as well as useful contacts and interactive tools to communicate with other peers, exchange experiences and provide mutual support.
You will be able to access two main kinds of support:
– Information resources: this valuable and practical information about caregiving is structured around 4 main sections entitled ‘Caring for older people’, ‘Your own needs’, ‘Support by the state’, ‘Getting help’. These areas have been specifically designed and developed to answer your needs and preferences as well as any queries and concerns. This is the place where you can look for answers to your questions about care, carers and caring and more!
– Interactive Services: For some countries, a set of interactive services is also available to provide a virtual meeting place for carers. In this section, you can find a dedicated social network and a forum, as well as private messages, chat and video chat rooms. These tools all have the goal of enabling carers to easily: get support from each other as well as from dedicated staff from involved non-profit organisations or research and development organisations in their country; get in touch with other people who understand how you feel and what you’re dealing with; read, publish and comment on posts by your fellow carers; send your questions to people available for talking and advising you about your situation, as they recognise and value your caring role.
The InformCare section has been developed within the framework of the project “INNOVAGE”, co-funded by the European Union (FP7-HEALTH-2012-INNOVATION-1/No 306058), by two main project partners, Eurocarers and the Italian National Institute of Health and Science on Ageing (INRCA), with the support of the Swedish Family Care Competence Centre (NKA) together with an extensive network of national organisations and stakeholders in 27 EU member states.
The following people were directly involved in designing, developing and implementing InformCare:
• INRCA team: Giovanni Lamura (principal investigator); Francesco Barbabella (project manager); Arianna Poli and Benjamin Salzmann (research assistants); Cristina Lancioni and Matteo Annibali (web developers); Roberta Papa (project management and statistician);
• Eurocarers team: Areti Efthymiou (project manager); Hanneli Döhner and Elizabeth Hanson (senior supervisors); Aidan MacNally (web developer); Frank Goodwin, Stecy Yghemonos and Francesca Centola (project management and secretariat);
• NKA team: Frida Andréasson (research assistant); Elizabeth Hanson (supervisor).
We also thank the national organisations and stakeholders who actively contributed to finalise part of the contents of InformCare:
- Austria: Europäisches Zentrum für Wohlfahrtspolitik und Sozialforschung (Europäisches Zentrum) (European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research (European Centre)
- Belgium: Thomas More Kempen vzw (Thomas More)
- Bulgaria: Гражданско сдружение Алцхаймер България (Alzheimer Bulgaria Association)
- Cyprus: Σύνδεσμος Στήριξης Ατόμων με τη νόσο Αλτσχάιμερ (The Cyprus Alzheimer Association)
- Czech Republic: Czech Diaconia
- Denmark: Pårørende i Danmark (Carers Denmark)
- Estonia: MTÜ Eesti Omastehooldus (NGO Estonian Carers)
- Finland: Omaishoitajat ja läheiset -liitto ry (The Central Association of Carers in Finland)
- Finland: Folkhälsans förbund
- France: Association Française des Aidants
- Germany: wir pflegen
- Greece: Εταιρεία Νόσου Alzheimer & Συναφών Διαταραχών Αθηνών (Athens Association of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders)
- Hungary: Magyar Máltai Szeretetszolgálat Egyesület – Hungarian Maltese Charity Service (MMSZ)
- Ireland: Care Alliance Ireland
- Italy: INRCA (IRCCS) – National Institute of Health & Science on Ageing
- Latvia: Invalīdu un viņu draugu apvienība “Apeirons” – An organisation of people with disabilities and their friends “Apeirons”
- Lithuania: Lietuvos išsėtinės sklerozės sąjunga (Lithuanian Multiple Sclerosis Union)
- Luxembourg: RBS – Center fir Altersfroen (RBS)
- Malta: SOS Malta
- The Netherlands: VILANS
- Poland: Europejska Fundacja Opieki (European Care Foundation -EFO)
- Potugal: Jose Alves and Ana Ribas Teixeira
- Romania: Institutul Național de Gerontologie și Geriatrie “Ana Aslan” (Ana Aslan National Institute of Gerontology and Geriatrics)
- Slovakia: Občianske združenie pre trvalo udržateľný rozvoj regiónov Slovenska – Civic Association for Sustainable Development of Regions in Slovakia
- Slovenia: ZDUS – Zveza društev upokojencev Slovenije (Slovenian Federation of Pensioners’ Associations)
- Spain: FUNDACIÓ JOAN COSTA ROCA (Group Consorci Sanitari de Terrassa)
- Sweden: Nationellt kompetenscentrum anhöriga – för ett anhörigvänligt samhälle (The Swedish Family Care Competence Centre)
- UK: CARERS UK
- UK/Scotland: VOCAL (Voice of Carers Across Lothian)
Innovage project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no [306058