Eurocarers is proud to welcome its newest member from Spain. Acufade is a non-profit association from Tenerife – Spain whose main objective is to ensure and promote the well-being, dignity and the rights of the elderly, caregivers, people in state of dependency and of their care environments. Take a moment to get to know them and read their presentation:
“Our work is based on the principles of equity, solidarity, co-responsibility, care and cooperation among all people. ACUFADE defends and positions care as the fundamental right to life, and as the origin of global, social and affective well-being.
We do this by being engaged in different activities:
- ensuring the comprehensive services and the development of social action projects for the elderly, dependents, caregivers and their care environments.
- representing and defending the rights and interests of elderly, caregivers and dependents.
- raising awareness among public administrations, philanthropic organizations and society in general of the caregivers challenges as well as the implementation of the necessary measures for its attention;
- development of the scientific study about the informal caregivers situation in the Canary Islands.
- organization of conferences, meetings, and other events for the exchange of information and dissemination on the situation.
One of our future objectives is to expand our scope of work beyond the Canary Islands, and to share and gain experience with other EU organisations working with and for the caregivers and their environments. Check for more info on www.acufade.org or write to email@example.com . We are happy to tell you more about us. For now, just a short video that catches our passion and dedication for the work we are doing: (181) The Oldest Job In The World | Acufade – YouTube “