Eurocarers is actively recruiting a Project Officer
About the job
We are looking for a highly-motivated and self-sufficient Project Officer to reinforce our international team in Brussels. As our new colleague, you will lead the implementation of our recently-initiated research projects on integrated care and the training / validation of skills acquired by informal carers. This position will be key to help us formulate evidence-based policy recommendations of relevance to our mission.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of EU-funded research projects (Horizon Europe and Erasmus+), including expert support, management of contractual requirements, networking as well as technical & financial reporting;
- Disseminate project results and learnings (via publications and presentations at international events), in collaboration with our Communication Officer;
- Transfer evidence and innovative solutions emerging from the research through ad hoc policy recommendations;
- Maintain good communication with project partners, Eurocarers members and external stakeholders;
- Sound budget management, in collaboration with the Administrative and Financial Officer;
- Identify and assess new opportunities for research published by the EU and other donors;
- Additional duties, as required.
Requirements for this role include:
- Attainment of a Master’s degree in a field relevant to our mission, such as Political Sciences, Health, Economics, Social Policy, Public Administration, or a similar discipline;
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in successfully delivering projects, ideally at the EU or international level;
- Demonstrable understanding of project management methodologies;
- Ability to carry out tasks in line with defined scope, budget and timeline, with tangible evidence of past accomplishments;
- Familiarity with or a nuanced understanding of care and caring issues;
- Proficient communication skills in English (knowledge of additional languages will be an advantage);
- Capability to operate independently even under conditions of high time pressure and workload;
- Strong intercultural skills, talent for creative problem-solving and service-oriented approach.
What we offer
- A full-time (38h/week) position based in our secretariat in Brussels, with a permanent duration contract (CDI under the Belgian employment framework);
- Monthly gross salary ranging from €3,500 to €4,500, depending on experience
- Additional benefits include 13th month pay, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, medical insurance, flexible work arrangements and additional annual leaves;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international environment.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and a CV (1-2 pages each), both comprised in a single pdf document to Mr. Stecy Yghemonos, Eurocarers Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 15th September. Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis so, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The subject of your email should read ‘Eurocarers Project Officer – Name and Surname’. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held in the last two weeks of September 2023 (either online or in person). The successful candidate will be expected to start ASAP. Eurocarers is an equal opportunity employer.
Last Updated on August 17, 2023