Eurocarers is the European network representing informal carers and their organisations, irrespective of the particular age or health need of the person they are caring for. Our network currently brings together 71 carers’ organisations as well as relevant research & development organisations from 26 countries – a unique combination that enables evidence-based advocacy. Eurocarers defines a ‘carer’ as a person who provides unpaid care to someone with a chronic illness, disability or other long-lasting health or care need, outside of a professional or formal framework. Our network was established to ensure that the care needs of the European population are addressed in a universal and equitable way and that the essential contribution of informal carers in the provision of care is valued, recognised and supported in order to prevent the negative impact of care on carers themselves.
We are looking for a part-time (70%) Finance and Administration Officer to support the operations of our Secretariat, located near Merode in Brussels. The Finance & Administration Officer reports to the Executive Director and (s)he is in charge of managing the financial and administrative systems, procedures and operations and providing strategic advice on financial and administrative matters.
You are a proactive finance and administration professional, with strong organisational, planning and analytical skills and a keen eye for detail. You have extensive and demonstrable knowledge in the administrative and financial management, preferably in the non-profit sector, and know how to navigate EU funding. You are comfortable with handling complex budgets, accounting systems, financial audits and analyses. You also have proven skills in the organisation of international events (conferences, AGM, study visits, etc.)
You excel at personal relations, are highly organised and capable of running different tasks simultaneously. You can handle complexity and uncertainty and you are familiar with the philosophy of the Eurocarers network.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Bookkeeping and administration of invoices and accounting documents in compliance with Belgian accounting practices and standards;
- Management of bank account, payments and treasury;
- Supervision of budgeting processes in relation to Eurocarers’ general and project-specific budgets, in close collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Budget control and liquidity forecasts of the organisation;
- Preparation of financial reports to donors and management/processing of supporting documents in accordance with donor’s requirements and regulations, in collaboration with the Project Officers;
- Preparation of financial overview reports for the Director and Board;
- Preparation and filing of consolidated annual accounts and management of the external audit, in collaboration with the external accountant;
- Responsibility for compliance with regulations (internal and donor-related) for procurement of goods and services and record-keeping;
- Development of adequate financial systems and tools, as required.
- Management of Human Resources files and preparation of monthly payrolls with the secretariat social;
- Management of timesheets;
- Management of internal leave registry;
- Monitoring of HR developments in accordance with Belgian legislation and report to the Executive Director;
- Liaison with the Social Secretariat on other relevant matters.
- Contribution to the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and actions;
- Monitoring of compliance of Eurocarers with legal and administrative requirements as a Belgian AiSBL;
- Management of office logistics and service suppliers (renting, cleaning, catering, procurements, etc.) and maintain proper stock levels;
- Membership management;
- Supervision of logistics and other administrative tasks, as required.
- Hold a University degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the position, i.e. finance, business administration, economics, or similar;
- Have appropriate professional experience of at least 5 years, preferably in an international/multi-cultural environment;
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU;
- Excellent command of both oral and written English. Knowledge of French or Dutch is highly desirable. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Proficient computer skills, especially handling of MS-Office and web-applications;
- Experience with accounting systems, and ideally familiarity with the Belgian accounting standard;
- Proven track record in implementing the financial provisions of EU funding programmes like EaSI, H2020 or Erasmus+ is an asset.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience and in adherence with highest ethical standards;
- Very organized with a strong attention to details;
- Highly flexible, multi-tasker and quick learner;
- Sense of humour.
- The opening is for a part-time position (26.6 hours/week), the exact work schedule is open for negotiation.
- The compensation package includes meal vouchers, pension scheme and hospitalisation insurance.
- Small office with 5-6 employees, collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Eurocarers aims to support its employees in achieving a balance between work and personal commitments by allowing flexible working arrangement when possible.
- Starting date 19 April 2021.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Mr. Stecy Yghemonos (email@example.com), mentioning “[Applicant Name] – Application Finance and Admin Officer” before the 22 February 2021. The motivation letter (1 page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position.