- 1.WHO – New WHO guidelines promote healthy lifestyle to reduce risk of dementia
- 2.Who cares? – Securing support in old age
- 3.Call for proposals on social innovation and national reforms – Long-term care
- 4.Risks Perceived by Frail Male Patients, Family Caregivers and Clinicians in Hospital: Do they Change after Discharge? A Multiple Case Study
- 5.Housing: an Educational European Road to Civil Rights
- 6.Pro Aidants is engaged #FortheHelpers
- 7.EPDA survey on the challenges of Parkinson’s carers
- 8.Country Specific Recommendations issued by the European Commission on 5 June: what is in it for carers?
- 9.Offer European Youth a perspective, offer them a job placement via the European Solidarity Corps!
- 10.Council Register – Implementation of the EU’s Strategic Agenda 2019-2024
- 11.European Institute for Gender Equality: EIGE – Gender Equality Index 2019 focuses on work-life balance
- 12.EESC – Integrating the European Pillar of Social Rights into the roadmap for deepening Europe’s Economic and Monetary Union – Study
- 13.EU Health Coalition calls upon the European Council to increase the total Horizon Europe budget to €120 billion
- 14.EIGE – Tackling the gender pay gap: not without a better work-life balance
- 15.CHAFEA – EU Health Programme High Level Conference (September 30)
- 16.OECD – Online database OECD Health Statistics 2019
- 17.Decent aging: a human obligation, but also an opportunity for economic progress, employment and innovation
- 18.Is It All About Happiness? The latest evidence on wellbeing and childbearing decisions in Europe
- 19.Successful Eurocarers’ Study Visit on ICT-based solutions for carers last 12 September in Brussels.
The European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA) needs you!
They just launched the survey on the challenges of Parkinson’s carers and need your support to help get sufficient data to make this important research worthwhile
You can find below some at-a-glance information about this new research project:
- The survey questionnaire is currently available in English, French, German and Italian, but will soon be available in several other European languages as well. It is open for compilation until 6 September 2019.
- The survey is aimed at anybody who looks after and provides ongoing care to a family member, sibling, partner or friend who is living with Parkinson’s disease.
- The aim of this survey is to highlight the physical, financial and emotional challenges facing carers of people with Parkinson’. We aim to demonstrate the individual and societal cost consequences that caring has on individuals – consequences that are too often ignored by governments and decision makers around the world.
- While our main focus is naturally Europe, we urge carers from all over the world to complete the survey – the more information we can get the better!
- You can find more information about this survey on the EPDA website – the survey has been based on existing research review and phone interviews with European Parkinson’s carers, followed by a workshop meeting between key stakeholders (including EPDA member organisations, people with Parkinson’s and carers). These stakeholders have since tested the survey and provided their feedback.
We are therefore respectfully requesting your support to help us get sufficient data to make this important research worthwhile. We would be very grateful if you could share this survey as much as possible among EuroCarers’ networks and via your own communication channels – we need your help in spreading the word as best as we can!
This important online survey is now open until 6 September 2019.