The European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA) needs you!
They just launched the survey on the challenges of Parkinson’s carers and need your support to help get sufficient data to make this important research worthwhile
You can find below some at-a-glance information about this new research project:
- The survey questionnaire is currently available in English, French, German and Italian, but will soon be available in several other European languages as well. It is open for compilation until 6 September 2019.
- The survey is aimed at anybody who looks after and provides ongoing care to a family member, sibling, partner or friend who is living with Parkinson’s disease.
- The aim of this survey is to highlight the physical, financial and emotional challenges facing carers of people with Parkinson’. We aim to demonstrate the individual and societal cost consequences that caring has on individuals – consequences that are too often ignored by governments and decision makers around the world.
- While our main focus is naturally Europe, we urge carers from all over the world to complete the survey – the more information we can get the better!
- You can find more information about this survey on the EPDA website – the survey has been based on existing research review and phone interviews with European Parkinson’s carers, followed by a workshop meeting between key stakeholders (including EPDA member organisations, people with Parkinson’s and carers). These stakeholders have since tested the survey and provided their feedback.
We are therefore respectfully requesting your support to help us get sufficient data to make this important research worthwhile. We would be very grateful if you could share this survey as much as possible among EuroCarers’ networks and via your own communication channels – we need your help in spreading the word as best as we can!
This important online survey is now open until 6 September 2019.